Playwright - Actor - Writer
Michael's play One, Three, Two - which has already been produced in Houston, Chicago, Buffalo, Milford Connecticut and Orlando - was just selected out of a pool of over 900 plays nationwide for selection into the Samuel French Off-Off Broadway Festival! It is one of forty plays that will be performed in Manhattan in October with the six winners published and licensed by Samuel French!
- Feeling Alright, a musical that Michael wrote the book for and featuring music from the 1960s runs May 2-11 at Obsidian Art Space. Directed by Vance Johnson, it stars Heather Hall, Sarah Molbert, Allison Phillips, J.D. Rose, Mark Samson and Jeff Taylor. For a link to the review, click here.
- Michael wrote the screenplay for Cone Man Running Productions entry into Houston's 48 Hour Film Project. All Fall Down was co-directed by Christine Weems and Julio Alonzo and stars Scott Holmes, Lindsy Greig, Lulu Mire, Ruth McCleskey, Christine Weems, Benjamin Ashton, Mark Stanley, Brad Winkler and Julio Alonzo. Eddie Rodriguez was Director of Photography and Josh Baker handled sound.
- A Common Martyr, a full length play Michael wrote, has advanced to the top ten for consideration by the Newman University Theatre Department in Wichita, Kansas.
- One, Three, Two, Michael's most produced one-act, will be performed on July 28th by Spokane Radio Theatre.
- Theatre Southwest in Houston Texas has selected Games We Play as part of its Festival of Originals to be produced in July of this year. It will be directed by Steve Carpentier.
- Good Talk was performed in New York as part of Brief Acts Spring Showers production running May 20th - 22nd at the Producers Club. It was directed by Seth Livingston and starred Dustin Minore and Anthony Allutto.
- Michael's one-act play Subtlety has been selected as part of Eastbound Summer 2013 to be produced by the Milford Fine Arts Council in Connecticut. It will perform from July 6-13 at various venues in Connecicut.
- Michael participated in Next Stage Press' writing challenge. Eight playwrights were given a boardgame and a genre to write a short play using four characters for publication by Next Stage Press. Michael wrote the one-act Prom Queen with chess and drama as his parameters.
- Count to Three, a one-act Michael wrote as part of Next Stage Press' Globetrotting challenge was given a reading at Obsidian Art Space on April 15, 2013.
- Michael's one act Good Talk, was accepted in the 3rd Annual Newburgh Free Academy New Works Festival in New York City to be performed in June.
- Good Talk was also selected for production by Brief Acts as part of their Spring Showers production in New York City in May.
- Boquete Community Players in Panama has also selected Michael's one-act Good Talk for production.
- A collection of Michael's short plays, including Snip, Where the Truth Lies, Good Talk, Book of Love and Fuzzy Red Hat, will be published under the title of Five Fears of Fatherhood by Original Works Publishing.
- Michael participated as a playwright in Cone Man Running's The Second Coming of the Spontaneous Smattering where his play When Teardrops Fall incorporated the genre of documentary and starred Eddie Rodriguez, Lindsy Greig, Sam Schnuer and Robert Tatum. It was directed by Nicholas Garelick.
- Michael's monologue Why Be Normal? was selected for inclusion at Theatre Southwest's Readers Theatre. This is the second year in a row that Michael's work has been included.
- Michael's short play How Shall I Be Loved? is being published by PLAYS: The Drama Magazine for Young Audiences later this year.
- Michael has been asked by Gene Kato with Next Stage Press to participate in Globetrotting, a short play event where four different playwrights will write short plays taking place in different countries across the world - determined by a dart on a map.
- Two of Michael's short plays, Lovebirds and Bathtime Baritone, were selected for inclusion in the Starving Artists Spring Series.
- It has just been announced that Feeling Alright, a musical for which Michael wrote the book, is set for production in May of 2013 by Standing Room Only Productions.
- The News American Theatre in Los Angeles at the McCadden Place Theatre opened Hannukah Presents from My Hockey Player Boyfriend as part of their Happy Holidays Theatricals and FUNdraiser.
- Michael was cast in Cone Man Running's production of the world premiere of Fishing written and directed by Leighza Walker. It will perform in January at Obsidian Arts Space.
- Michael's full length play Okay, Better, Best will premiere at the Obsidian Arts Space in March. It will be directed by Sam Martinez, who directed Michael's short play She's Bound to Know as part of Houston/Scriptwriters' 10x10 festival.
- Stonington Players in Stonington, CT produces One, Three, Two, becoming the eighth production of Michael's successful play. It runs November 9th - 17th.
- Utter Shambles Theatre Collective in Chicago has selected Michael's play, Spoons, about Michael and Antonio Banderas playing...spoons. It will perform at the Viaduct Theater in Chicago on October 21st and 22nd.
- Book of Love was selected by Playwrights Roundtable in Orlando, FL for their Launch 2013 production.
- Michael anchored the last 15 pages of the second night of Cone Man Running Productions' first ever Pass and Go, a theatre event created by Michael where a play is created by six different writers, each of whom only writes 15 pages of it within a 24 hour period and they only see the 15 pages before the ones they write. The play Michael wrapped up was called "A Seance on a Hot and Humid Afternoon" and featured the writings of Fernando Dovalina, Eric C. Jones, Nicholas Garelick, Cameron Cooper and Ben Plopper. The stage reading was directed by L. Robert Westeen and featured the acting talents of Kalin Coates, Haley Cooper, Elizabeth Fairchild, Carl Masterson, Ruth McCleskey, Melissa Mumper, Renata Smith, Sam Smith and Anthony Torres.
- Michael's play, Particularly Dangerous Situation was performed as part of the Cordell Green Festival in Lubbock, Texas.
- Filming was completed on the adaptation of Michael's short play, Blown Away. Produced by Cone Man Running Productions and directed by L. Robert Westeen, it starred Eddie Rodriguez, Lulu Mire, Ruth McCleskey, Elizabeth Holcomb, Sarah Aliweidat and Jessica Bell.
- Michael's short play, One, Three, Two, was selected by Stonington Players for their fall production of Tables and Chairs V in Connecticut. Michael's play, Snip, is in consideration for their Spring 2013 production.
- Michael was cast in the short film I Told Her.
- Michael participated in 31 Plays in 31 Days and diligently wrote one play everyday for the entire month of August.
- Michael participated as the screenwriter for the team Cone Man Running for the 48 Hour Film Project that took play June 8th - 10th in Houston Texas. His screenplay, Meal of My Dreams, contained all the necessary elements of being a fantasty film, featuring a chef named Jacob Alexander, contained a briefcase somewhere and the line "Here's where it gets tricky." The team was also comprised of Christine Weems, Eddie Rodriquez, Steve Brown, Joshua Thelin and Sarah Aleweidat.
- One Three Two was performed as part of Theatre Alliance of Buffalo's Subversive Shorts in Buffalo, New York from June 21 to July 14, 2012.
- Michael was cast in Joe Barnes' short play, Just Like That, as part of Scriptwriters/Houston's 10x10 Showcase in early August.
- Michael's first play, Fragments was released for publication by Next Stage Press and is now available for purchase.
- One Three Two was selected for performance by the East Bound Theatre in Connecticut in July.
- One Three Two was also selected for performance in Orlando, Florida as part of Playwright's Round Table's Summer Shorts 2012.
- Michael's ten-minute play She's Bound to Know was selected for inclusion in Scriptwriters/Houston's 2012 10x10 Play Showcase to be performed in August.
- One Three Two, a short play was selected for production by InnateVolution Theatre Production in Chicago, Illinois for a festival in early June.
- Preproduction has begun on the film adaptation of Michael's short play, Blown Away. It will begin filming in May.
- On March 4th, a staged reading of Michael's full length play, Scattered Arranged opened Country Playhouse's New Play Series. The reading was directed by L. Robert Westeen and was highlighted in that week's Houston Press in their Day/Night section.
- Michael's short play, One Three Two was selected by Driven Theatre Company in Houston, Texas for inclusion in its upcoming Fragmentation II series to be produced in May.
- Filming wrapped on Love Me As Well, a short film written and starring Michael.
- Fuzzy Red Hat, a short play, premiered in Chicago Illinois as part of n.u.f.a.n. ensemble's Seven Plays in Seven Holi-Days. It was directed by Jane Allyson and starred Paul Barile, Mark D'Arienzo and Megan Farris.
- It has been announced that Michael's short play, Snip, will make its premiere as part of Carte Blanche Studios North American New Play Festival at the end of January in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Laugh Riot, a short play originally produced as part of Quiet Bed has been selected for inclusion in Big Head Productions night of short plays entitled Motel Tropicana - An Adult Series of No-Tell Shorts at the Obsidian Arts Space in Houston Texas from January 19 - February 4, 2012.
- Michael's first play, Fragments, will be published by Next Stage Press.
- Synchronicity, a short play about siblings at Christmas, will be published this holiday season by PLAYS: The Drama Magazine for Young People.
- Michael's short play, Run, Run Away, was selected to be included in Changing Scene Theatre Northwest's Summerplay 2011 in Washington state. The show runs August 12-21,2001 and will be directed by Kenadi Lewis.
- Michael's short play, Where the Truth Lies will make its debut as a selection in Houston Scriptwriters 10x10 Play Festival August 25th - 28th at Country Playhouse. It will be directed by James Reed and casting will occur shortly.
- n.u.f.a.n. ensemble selected a scene from Michael's full length play A Common Martyr for their showcase of original work entitled Creating a Scene. It will be directed by Carrie Colden and performs June 12th, 19th, and 26th in Chicago, Illinois.
- Michael will premiere his one-act play Synchonicity with Love Creek Productions in New York City to be performed in May.
- Michael was asked to direct one of his own original plays for Lone Star Community College - Tomball Campus' night of one-acts to be performed at the end of April.
- Michael's one-act play A Fondness for Aquanet was selected to be performed as part of the Readers' Theatre at Theatre Southwest.
- A staged reading of Michael's play Paper Jam - An Interoffice Romance (Body Count: 9), was performed at the Obsidian Arts Center in Houston, Texas as a fundraiser benefiting the Organization for Autism Research.
- Michael's play Onward Forward will be published by Aspire Plays.
- Michael's one-act play Laugh Riot was selected for publication in the November edition of Instigatorzine!.
- JAC Publishing has announced that it will publish Michael's full-length play Bludgeon the Lime!
- Michael's play, Subtlety, was one of the Outstanding Play winners at Curan Rep's The Notes from the Underground Short Play Festival!
- Michael participated as an actor for the Spring/North Houston team for the 48 Hour Film Festival. He played Sherman Brown in The Promise directed by Shaminder Dulai and produced by Manny Mireles.
- Michael has been hired as a weekly columnist to write about the trials and tribulations of the Houston Astros for Slurve Magazine.
- Michael has been hired as a music reviewer for the forthcoming EBUrban website.
- Michael's poem Unrest has been published online by Write This. Right, This?
- Michael's short play, A Fondness for Aquanet, will be performed as part of n.u.f.an. ensemble's Eight Minutes of the 80's Festival at the Prop Theatre in Chicago on June 22nd and 23rd.
- Michael has been hired as a music reviewer for Stereo Subversive.
- Michael's short play, Subtlety, will be performed by Curan Repertory as part of their Notes from the Underground Festival June 22nd - 27th at the American Theatre of Actors.
- Michael's short play, Subtlety will be performed as part of the Kassi Festival put on by The Rubicon Theatre Project in Chicago on May 16th and May 17th.
- Michael's poems, Held, Break It Down, and Atlantic will be published by Angels Flight Magazine this summer.
- Michael's short play, A Fondness for Aquanet was selected to be published online by Record Magazine.
- Michael's short play, Subtlety was also just selected to be a part of Curan Repertory's Notes from the Underground Festival in New York to be performed in June.
- Michael's short play, Run, Run Away, originally part of the Quiet Bed series, was just selected to be a part of Snorks & Pins One Act Festival in New York to be performed this summer.
- Michael's poems, Slow Dance, Held, A.M, Unfenced and the debut of Temporary Wound were selected for publication in the June edition of Milk Sugar.
- Michael's poem, Unfenced, is published online by Censored Poets.
- Michael's short story, Upside Down Sky will be published by Grey Sparrow Press in Spring 2010.
- Michael is interviewed about his writing and acting by Calliope Nerve.
- Michael will be acting in his one-act, Waiting Life on Saturday, January 23rd at 9PM and Sunday, January 24th at 2PM. Appearing alongside Meaghan Reilly, the play is being produced as part of John Chatterton's Short Play Lab.
- Michael's poems, Held, Break It Down and Atlantic will be published online by Calliope Nerve.
- Michael's one-act, Waiting Life has just been named as a finalist in Saint Mary Hall's "Spring Shorts" 10 Minute Play Festival in San Antonio, Texas.
- Waiting Life was also selected for production for Where Eagles Dare Short Play Series to be produced February 6th and 7th in New York City.
- Michael's poems, War at Home and A.M., will be published in Eye On Life Online Magazine.
- Michael has been made a music reviewer for www.Notofu.com.
- October 15 - 25, 2009 - Michael's new play Necessary Adjustments will be produced by Phare Play Productions at the Beckmann Theatre in midtown Manhattan starring Jaike Foley-Schultz, Paul Herbig, David Merrick, Joey Mintz, Austin Mitchell, Carol Palmaro, Maggie Parker, Dana Pelevine and Rebecca Servon.
- October 5 - 8, 2009 - Michael's new short play, Quiet Bed - a series of four inter-related vignettes, will be produced at the Sonnet Theatre at the Producers Club by Love Creek Productions. He will also be directing Toy Store in this evening, starring Karen Brelsford and Dana Pelevine.
- September 24 - 26, 2009 - Michael will direct his one-act A Fondness for Aquanet for Brief Act Productions at the Sonnet Theatre at the Producers Club.
- September 22 - 26, 2009 - Michael will appear in the one-act Wegotdates.com for Brief Act Productions at the Sonnet Theatre at the Producers Club.
- Michael's poem Psychotic was published in the third issue of The Writers Block Magazine.
- Michael's poem Hold on Tight was published in the July 2009 edition of Viral Cat Magazine.
- May 14-16, 2009 - Michael's plays Ready to Shine, Waiting Life and Subtlety will be produced by Brief Acts at the Parker Theatre.
- Michael's poem Cocktail will be published in Persephonus Blue in the Summer/Fall of 2009.
- Just announced that Michael's play Fragments will be a part of Manhattan Repertory Theatre's Summerfest and will perform in mid-July.
- Sloth Jockey published two of Michael's poems, Bury and Psychotic.
- April 22, 2009 - Michael's play Burden Me will be produced by Awakening Drama at the Players Theatre.